Isn't She Love-Leigh

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Testing 1, 2, 3...

No doubt, I have been sheltered. Perhaps a bit coddled. I thought it would be easy to break away as an adult whenever I had the money (certainly not a moment before) and I'd never look back. It was meticulously planned. I'd leave the nest of my own volition and fly free. Little did I know...
Years ago, when I had an idea for a blog, it was to be a way to keep track of a "To-Do List" of things I wanted to accomplish before the age of 30.  Now, at 28, I have once again procrastinated my time away. Don't get me wrong, I have definitely made strides over the past few years; I just haven't accomplished anything that was on that list. Life has taken me in a different direction. It's become a journey of learning lessons, rather than just ticking off an itinerary. Of course, I still have the dreams from the original draft, but I have learned that you can't predict life. There are the typical up and downs, and round-and-rounds, and definitely a few surprise loop-de-loops. Some are fun, some scary, some downright tragic. On this quest, I have learned that sometimes independence can be lonely.
So now I have scrapped my original blog idea in favor of a sounding board, a creative outlet, a place to cry and also to laugh. I will be as open as I feel to allow myself to friends, family, and also to strangers who may visit this blog. And I will be unapologetic for days when I lack a filter. That is, after all, who I am. One must be willing to be honest, if one intends to grow as a person. Right?
Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment